Travel Letters

Certain documents may be required to support the entry of children into another country when travelling abroad with the children. Passport Canada cautions that a Consent to Travel Letter or Parental Consent Letter may be required when a child is travelling:

  • with one parent;
  • alone; or
  • without either parent.

Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada strongly recommends that you have the consent letter certified, stamped or sealed by an official who has the authority to administer an oath or solemn declaration, so that the validity of the letter will not be questioned.

At the law offices of Tenenbaum & Solomon, we assist you with the drafting and notarization of a Consent to Travel Letter for your particular circumstances. We will verify requirements with appropriate border authorities in advance of your travel dates, to confirm that you have the most up-to-date information regarding specific entry requirements.

In addition to including specific travel permissions, the letter must also include complete contact information for all parents or legal guardians, so that Customs officials can contact the non-travelling parent to verify or confirm any information.


Client Testimonials

He’s a great person and a great lawyer he helped me when no one else could and he wasn’t asking for money every second sentence like other lawyers out there. He cared about my case and saved my house and my life and I will always be grateful for what he did.

Tom Somerville – Google Review

Great law firm!

Arya A – Google Review

Experienced, and Knowledgeable lawyers.

Fadi Kazandji – Google Review

What Areas Does Tenenbaum & Solomon Serve?

At Tenenbaum & Solomon, we are dedicated to serving clients in various areas across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Our conveniently located office ensures easy accessibility for individuals residing in Markham, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Stouffville, and Toronto.

Tenenbaum & Solomon

Mon - Fri 10:00 - 16:00
Sat - Sun Off Day.

Mon - Fri 10:00 - 16:00
Sat - Sun Off Day.